Sunday, May 6, 2012

Italiano Vivente 9

It's raining a bit here in Tuscany. But, there is a roaring fire in the fireplace and Cathy is preparing dinner. Lest you think I just sit and do nothing, it is my job to clean up the kitchen after meals. It is time for our dinner. It has been sort of a lazy day. First thing this morning we did our laundry. Since a clothes dryer is nearly non-existent in Italy (due to energy costs) the clothes are drying on racks in front of the fireplace.

First activity this morning was orientation with all the guests. This was conducted by Isa Morriciani. There are several activities that guests can choose to participate in for the week. She explained the activities and took a head count for each. We are planning on the early  morning walk; visit to the Hermitage; Day trip to Florence and Pici making and dinner at Cretaiole.

After orientation all guests gathered at the Morricini home for a tour of their farm and to see and taste their produce: pecorino romano cheese, proscuitto and wine.


They raise chickens, ducks, rabbits and pigs and grow olives and grapes for wine making--and all for their consumption and for their guests.  Guests can also purchase their produce as well.


The olive oil they produce is my absolute favorite. I WISH i could purchase it or have it shipped home, but I cannot. The oil has a flavor like nothing I've ever tasted and it always leaves me wanting more.








It was an enjoyable morning for a me and all the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.