Sunday, October 9, 2011

River Market and Kauffman Center

The day dawned sunny and breezy. After coffee and toasted English muffins, Cathy and I headed to Kansas City, MO for a photo shoot of the downtown area. Architectural photography isn't really my "forte" but a challenge is always good for increasing the creative juices to the brain. The area was not very crowded on this Saturday morning, making the experience of walking the nearly deserted streets like being in a science fiction movie--you know, one where all human inhabitants have been annihilated by some alien invasion and you are the only person ........... well, you get the idea.

Our trek led us down to the Historic River Market. This Saturday it was teaming with vendors, patrons and even some musicians. The lighting was just perfect and the fruits, vegetables and flowers begged the camera for snaps. We determined it was important to return to the market at the end of our city walk, to reward ourselves with some Gelato.
 After buying some carrots, celery and mushrooms for use in a future meal, and some grapes for instant snacking, we headed to a local antique store.

Chamber pots were on my "find" list, and well, I found two! I also walked away with an old fashioned pop corn popper. You know, the kind that you can't use in the microwave and probably not on an electric stove either. But, just in case, the electricity goes off and I want popcorn and can build a "camp fire" in the back yard, I won't starve...............okay, I really have no use for this. The chamber pots, well..............
Then, it was on to the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Okay, so, though I said architectural photography was not my first love, the design of the new center would amaze the most artistically closed minded of us all. It is unusual and beautiful. It's design immediately reminded me of the Sydney Opera House in Australia.   www.sydneyoperahouse.com






Oh, yes, I also had my portrait taken...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.