Saturday, March 10, 2012

Italiano Vivente 2

       Today was pre-pack practice for my upcoming trip. Last trip I packed for the trip using the traditional travel carry-on and a backpack. Checking luggage was something I didn't want to do. Going to baggage claim takes time and losing luggage just was not an option.
       This time, I'm going to try travelling with just a backpack and "personal" item. No traditional "carry on" bag. The personal item will be an oversized purse/bag. The challenging part is packing each bag so that the weight is balanced between the two and the overall weight isn't prohibitive. The hope is, even more freedom when travelling from place to place.  
       Weight really wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the camera and computer. I have a netbook, so it's small but it still adds significant weight. Then of course there is the electronic cords, chargers and outlet converters. Oh, and the phone, earphones and charger, too. You know, for the L O N G flight over. At this point the pack and bag weigh 25.6 pounds. I better do some weight lifting and build some more muscle!
       I still have a list of things I need to do but only a couple more items to buy. Exchanging currency is the most depressing thing--I lose money going from dollars to euros--is it worth it---oh, wow, yes. SOMEDAY, I am going to get the journal of my first trip to Italy edited and published, but until then, I am starting on my second.....and you get to come along for the ride! Pack your bags, we're going to have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.