Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ice Sculptures

Winter is still with us. On sunny days, even when it is chilly I like to take a walk, taking my camera of course, to see what may catch my eye. 
This day i took my Nikon Coolpix S3300. While I often rely on my "big boy" camera for my "professional work", I have found that a good point and shoot can produce equally dramatic images if you know how to use it. This was the situation this day. 
The sky was pretty and the sun was shining, but nothing BIG caught my eye. I wandered on down the road to the "swimming hole" that I take the grand kids to occasionally. I was checking out the little falls and the sun glistening off the small icicles that had formed on the hillside. 


Then out of the corner of my eye the sun bounced off something bright. I looked close and at ground level, I saw vegetation encased in bulbs of ice. The ice was so clear it looked like glass. The formations were so unusual! 


One looked like a seahorse that had a mane and tail.

 I didn't realize how really special the images were until I viewed them on my desktop computer screen. 
I hope you enjoy these gifts of nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.