Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Midwest Blizzard 2012

View from my living room window. 
I woke up at 3:00 a.m. this morning and peered out the window to see how much snow was on the ground. There was barely a dusting!!  I was somewhat disappointed--no, i was miffed. There was a strong wind blowing, so I quelled my 'miffiness' with continued hope that snow really was on the way. A quick glace at the weather map on my iphone reassured me a blizzard was quickly approaching. 

I know, not everyone 'loves' snow; and not everyone can stay snuggled in their home when bad weather presents itself. For some of us though, the adrenaline starts pumping and the anticipation of extreme weather goes into overdrive. We think, breathe and talk about "the snow" or "the storms" that may be approaching. In the Winter, we nearly push family and friends over the edge of sanity with our happy dances and excited talk about how much snow might arrive and what we hope to do in the snow. 

It may seem that the hyper-vigilant snow storm 'anticipators' are oblivious to the perils of treacherous weather, I want to assure you we are not. The excitement and "hope for snow" is always tempered with requests to the "weather gods" that EVERYONE will be safe, warm and able to stay home drinking hot chocolate--you know with either the gigantic marshmallows or the miniature ones, floating atop the beverage. 

Whether you are an extreme weather fiend or one who continually hopes for 80 degree weather year round--be safe, have fun and watch out, and DUCK!!--snowballs will be flying in the mid-west today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.