Monday, December 24, 2012

Akatsuka Orchid Gardens


 Today while viewing the weather forecast for a large portion of the United States (which includes rain, snow, wind), my thoughts returned to where I was just a few days ago. I was visiting Hawaii. No snow or rain in Hilo. That is where I visited the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens. 





I did not realize there were so many colors, and varieties of orchids. Some are very dainty and fragile, while others appear more robust. 


I am not a botonist and I do not remember the names of all the orchids I saw. How about a fun activity you can do alone or maybe with your children--do some research about orchids and see if you can find the names of each of the ones pictured here.







For now, just enjoy the colors, escape the reality of the cold, wind and snow, for just a few minutes as you lose yourself in the visual beauty of these flowers. 



Think Spring!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.