Saturday, April 14, 2012

Italiano Vivente 5


Mt. Vesuvius

        It’s now just 13 days until time to fly outta Indiana. I’m really getting excited now. Only one more weekend to make sure I have everything I need and that everything will fit into the pack and bag that I’m taking. It’s about this point every time I get ready for vacation—I start feeling really anxious, kinda like ants crawling around inside. The anticipation, the visualizing of how I perceive the trip will unfold and the activities that I may be involved in. You know, the reality is rarely like the dream, but oh, it’s fun to dream. I don’t build the expectation up too high, but having been to Italy before I have a decent idea of at least how I’m going to feel once I get there. Elated comes to mind!

        Today it is raining, that’s good. More motivation to stay indoors and make trip preparations--as if I really need motivation for that. At any rate, I don’t feel so guilty about staying inside!
        So far, I have made copies of important documents and credit and insurance cards, itinerary, reservations and passport. Camera lenses are cleaned and memory cards formatted and in their case. Laundry is underway and all clothing that I’m packing is getting cleaned. Toiletries are packed in their one quart zip lock bag. I need to update my emergency contact information and organize paperwork in the backpack.
         Well, I should get back to my preparations. Time is rapidly counting down.

1 comment:

  1. You are ahead of me on the prep! I need to get busy and catch up :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions.